Click here for a competitive conveyancing estimate
Mortgages and Re-Mortgages
Click here for a quick and competitive estimate for mortgages and re-mortgages.
If you are mortgaging your property for the first time or re-mortgaging your property in order to raise monies then we can deal with the legal work for you.
How long will my mortgage or re-mortgage take?
The average process takes between 2-6 weeks
It can be quicker or slower, depending on whether the lender requires searches to be carried out and if the lender instructs its own independent solicitors
Stages of the process
The key stages involved in the mortgage/re-mortgage of a residential property are listed below:
- Take your instructions and give you initial advice
- Obtain official copies of the title register and any other documents available from the Land Registry
- Go through conditions of new mortgage offer with you
- Carry out searches (if required by new lender)
- Agree completion date
- Arrange for all monies needed to be received from the lender
- Complete mortgage
- Deal with payment of any remaining balance back to you
- Deal with the application for registration of the new mortgage at Land Registry
- If you are remortgaging your property, we will also liaise with your existing lender and that we will repay the existing mortgage from the proceeds of the new
An experienced member of our property team will handle your matter. Once we have received your formal instructions, we will determine who that will be, and you will be formally introduced. Full details of our team’s background and qualifications are set out below.