If you are mortgaging your property for the first time in order to raise monies then we can deal with the legal work for you.
How long will my re-mortgage take?
The average process takes between 2-6 weeks
It can be quicker or slower, depending on firstly whether the lender requires searches to be carried out and if the lender instructs its own independent solicitors
Stages of the process
The key stages involved in the mortgage of a residential property are listed below:
- Take your instructions and give you initial advice
- Obtain official copies of the title register and any other documents available from the Land Registry
- Go through conditions of new mortgage offer with you
- Carry out searches (if required by new lender)
- Agree completion date
- Arrange for all monies needed to be received from the lender
- Complete mortgage
- Deal with payment of any remaining balance back to you
- Deal with the application for registration of the new mortgage at Land Registry