Our property team can help with the re-mortgage of your existing property
Click here for a competitive conveyancing estimate
Re-Mortgage of your existing Property
If you want to switch mortgages to either raise more monies e.g. for home improvements or to get a better rate then we can deal with all of the legal work for you.
How long will my re-mortgage take?
The average process takes between 2-6 weeks
It can be quicker or slower, depending on firstly whether the lender requires searches to be carried out and if the lender instructs its own independent solicitors
Stages of the process
The key stages involved in the re-mortgage of a residential property are listed below:
- Take your instructions and give you initial advice
- Obtain official copies of the title register and any other documents available from the Land Registry
- Request mortgage redemption figures from existing lender
- Go through conditions of new mortgage offer with you
- Carry out searches (if required by new lender)
- Agree completion date
- Arrange for all monies needed to be received from the lender
- Complete re-mortgage
- Repay the outstanding mortgage
- Deal with payment of any remaining balance back to you
- Deal with the application for registration of the new mortgage at Land Registry
An experienced member of our property team will handle your matter. Once we have received your formal instructions, we will determine who that will be, and you will be formally introduced. Full details of our team’s background and qualifications are set out below.